The NEON Festival
Presented by Arts Alliance and Old Dominion University
The 7th Annual NEON Festival will take place on Thursday, October 20 and Friday, October 21, 2022 from 6-10pm in Norfolk’s first official arts district, the NEON District. The NEON Festival is a free two evening event that encourages visitors to explore and discover the NEON District. The festival celebrates the energy in NEON and draws from the passion and creativity in Downtown and the region. Anchored by the Chrysler Museum of Art and Harrison Opera House and extending to The Plot on Granby Street, the NEON District includes many creative small businesses and arts partners that contribute to the festivities.
Look for these events and more during the 2022 NEON Festival!
- Glass After Dark at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio
- Exhibition opening at d’Art Center Friday evening
- The Plot and Glass Wheel Beer Gardens with entertainment from local community groups and regional acts, Friday evening, 6-10pm
- Unveiling of new murals and various other public art projects
- Public art tours led by Norfolk Tour Company
- Pop-up art galleries in NEON District businesses and venues
Click here for a full listing of all events and entertainment.
Frequently asked questions about the NEON Festival.
Presented by Arts Alliance and Old Dominion University with support from Glass Light Hotel & Gallery, Rutter Mills, MacArthur Center, Work Program Architects and Sway Creative Labs. Beer Gardens sponsored by Smartmouth Brewing Company.